Wednesday 3 February 2010

Starting at the end...

St Magnus Cathedral, Kirkwall, Orkney is Britain's most northerly cathedral - and, all being well, it's where my ride will end on 24 June.

My route (from the Lonely Planet Cycling Britain guide) covers 1071.9 miles.

More details soon.

I'm preparing a map of the ride - so please let me know if you'd like a copy (on paper or as a PDF file). Click on the email button to the right.

Hurrah!
And today's big boost: money donated so far adds up to £339.10.

Donors: you know who you are. Massive thanks from me and from Falcon Camps.

Quiz
And your quiz question: My final day's bike ride will take me over artificial barriers linking several of the smaller Orkney islands.

After whom are they named?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the quiz question. Reading up to get the answer was fascinating. Can one cycle over them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoo hoo! Yes indeed. Last time I crossed them I was in a bus, with my bike in the luggage compartment. The shame!

    ReplyDelete