Friday 11 June 2010

Biscuit to banquet

Traversing big cities, such as Preston, with bike is not one of my major skills. I've a knack for finding the least attractive route possible.

But, that achieved, the day got better and better.

A chance meeting with James and his dog Dan led to me having two companions (one cycling, one running) along the splendid cycle track that took me along the Lune estuary, past Lancaster and on up the valley, the wide countryside opening up in the afternoon sunshine.

Lunch stop at the totally terrific Pudding House Farm Cafe, Cockerham. Worth a detour. 

While buying an ice cream, I enjoyed a slightly Alan Bennet-ish encounter with a senior lady...

Tea stop at busy Kirkby Lonsdale, then on to my accommodation in the tiny village of Barbon - in Cumbria.

No comments:

Post a Comment