Friday 4 June 2010

Speeding up...

Another day, another English county...

Pleasures

  • The Exe valley north of Tiverton. A gentle ascent through ancient woodlands. Why isn't this as well-known as the Wye Valley? Beautiful.
  • Wiveliscombe: just inside Somerset. Unwrecked hilltop town. And hurrah for the cheery antipodean lady who gave me the lowdown on the towns cafe options.
  • Lunch in Taunton with my old friend Geoff. Wonderful. 
  • Whizzing through a maze of lanes on the Somerset levels (not all that level)
  • And today I have not been obliged at all to get off and push - a fact that is down to geography, not increased leg-power.


And now I am in Glastonbury. Not quite my cup of tea. A much stranger brew. Many of the shops seem to be selling rather, er, 'esoteric' goods and services.

And a wee podcast in which I muse on tattoos and tranquillity - and receive a decibel-heavy kickback (which my recorder makes sound rather distant)

2 comments:

  1. Cheering you on from the sunny Midlands. Praying for more good progress this weekend. Mr Gnome is progressing nicely on his CPAS map!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Doctor! How kind!

    ReplyDelete